The S2Maui VENOM from Artur Szpunar and Barry Spanier has a legacy of design experience creating winning sails that powered many champions at the highest international and national level competitions.
S2Maui provides the engines that allow riders to achieve their goals. In 2018 we were happy to congratulate Delphine Cousin, who after 4 years, finally returned to the top, riding her S2Maui VENOM to win the PWA slalom world championship! The previous season, Antoine Questel won the PWA foil world championship, also on his S2Maui VENOM. Over the past 3 seasons, we have been fortunate to work with an amazing team of VENOM riders who claimed multiple national championships in Greece, France, Japan, Peru as well as Hawaii State
During the intensive development cycle for S2Maui VENOM, we consider requests from our customers and riders and combine it with
Detailed feedback form our champion-filled World Cup and test team, Antoine Questel, Delphine Cousin Questel, and Micah Buzianis. An innovative design approach and rigorous testing allows the 2019 VENOM to take another bold step forward in performance!
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO SAIL A VENOM?
Unrivaled design attention yield the magic combination of radical acceleration, power and speed with incredibly light and smooth handling. The level of refinement and efficiency gives a deceptive ease to achieving the ultimate performance which makes the 2019 VENOM lethal to its competitors!
2019 DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
• 7-BATTENS: The 8-batten Venom was already the lightest PWA racesail, so now with one less batten it blows the competiton away! Lighter in the hands, better pumping, easier rotation and more efficient twist while maintaining 100% stability and wind range.
• RACE ACCELERATION: Outline and shaping adjusted and optimized for powerful and direct forward acceleration out of each jibe allowing you to overtake when the opportunity arises!
• BLISTERING TOP END SPEED: Shaping shifted down in sail body, together with increased “Leeward Pre-Bend” frees the entire leech to produce an incredibly fast and efficient 3-D wing.
• SMOOTH, STABLE AND BALANCED: The 2019 VENOM flies smooth and balanced, even on the roughest and most gusty race course, allowing you to maintain optimal board trim and body position.
• DIRECT POWER AND EFFICIENCY: The larger sizes of 2019 VENOM, including the new 9.2 size, focus on maximizing efficiency and direct acceleration in gusty, real world, race conditions.
• EASE AND CONTROL: When conditions get gnarly, the VENOM’s exceptional control allows its riders to focus on being the fastest, while others struggle.
2019 LIGHTEST AND BEST ENGINEERED CONSTRUCTION
• The lightest World Cup Slalom race sail.
• Optimized strength to weight ratio with high strength/ultralight Technora Spacelight™ upper body handles repetitive twist loads and progressive weight film lower body for crisp, responsive feel.
• Multiple, full length vertical luff panels lock in shaping and resist stretch from downhaul loads.
• “Light Tip” upper battens with custom fittings designed. Reduces sail weight further in most important areas and quickens leech response.
• Varying Flex Carbon/composite tubes carefully suited to each batten position.
• Durable mast sleeve top protector.
• Abrasion protection of lower two battens in rigging and boom wear areas.
• Extended sleeve bottom protection.
• High tenacity Nylon 66 Camber body with anchored stainless pins.
• Reinforced leading edge at camber contact points.
• High Strength Epoxy batten tips and close tolerance tip/tube interface for durability and smooth bend.